Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dreams Come True

It's one of those days where I realize that my life is comical, but in a pretty sweet way (or at least I approve). I had to wake up at 8 AM on a Saturday (that part sucked), but then I headed out to a fight call for a short film that I'm currently working on. The project is called, How to Fend off A Zombie Attack and it's being produced by Dark Kidney Productions. It's in the style of a corporate training video that teaches how to handle a zombie attack in the office. You have to remember laptop computers are not the best weapon of choice, and please only use green pens while stabbing zombies in the eyes. Overall, a fun concept. Today we mastered "zombie-walking" and taking punches. It looks like I get to be pulverized with a billy club. I'm excited to see the makeup since I didn't get to participate in the test session they did a few weeks ago. We shoot next Saturday, so hopefully I'll have some cool pictures to post then.

After that, I finally had the chance to hit up Peanut Butter & Co. in the West Village. First of all, what a cute little restaurant, and I do mean LITTLE. I expected it to be much bigger after seeing it on the Travel Channel during one of their Food Paradise shows. This little sandwich shop specializes in sweet and savory gourmet peanut butter sandwiches. They have one called "The Pregnant Lady" that has white bread with peanut butter and pickles. I don't think I could roll with that - maybe something with marshmallow fluff is more my speed. I'll have to try one next time, as I didn't eat today. I purchased a Groupon a couple of months ago for some jars and finally had the chance to redeem it.  I chose "The Heat is On" a cayenne pepper based peanut butter, "Cinnamon Raisin Swirl", "Dark Chocolate Dreams" and their "Old Fashioned Smooth". My initial verdict - Dark Chocolate is BOMBTASTIC!



I proudly packed my peanut butter bounty, then headed uptown to an audition for the Discovery ID show, "Dates From Hell". Well this was just a treat, pure joy, in fact. First of all, I was so excited to run into my girl Alexia who I haven't seen in over a year. Surprisingly enough, we were both called in to audition for the same episode. I probably can't give too many spoiler alerts but let me just tell you that I got to improvise through a scene involving me getting woken up with a punch to the face from a man named "Tito". I got to say the line, "Look, if you're going to rape me, please just hurry up and get it over with" to which the male counterpart responded, "What I have in store for you is much worse than rape." Obviously, I want to book this shit. The story alone is epic as hell.

Now I'm heading to Greenpoint to eat with my buddy Sean . . . I promise you another Cheap Eats post will follow this trip soon. Very excited about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment